Diffusing is a great way to reap the benefits of essential oils and make your home smell nice, too.
Here’s a simple blend that will make your home a haven of healthy relaxation:
- 20 drops lavender
- 10 drops lemon
- 6 drops bergamot
- 5 drops tangerine
- 5 drops grapefruit
Diffuse neat, or mix with 2 cup of distilled water in a spray bottle; shake well before spraying.
Other Ways to Diffuse Oils:
- Add essential oils to cedar chips to make your own potpourri.
- Put scented cedar chips in closets or drawers to deodorize them.
- Place any conifer essential oil such as spruce, fir (all varieties), cedar, or pine onto each log in the fireplace. As they burn, they will disperse an evergreen smell.
- Put essential oil on cotton balls and place in your car or home air vents.
- Place a bowl of water with a few drops of oil on a wood stove.
- Dampen a cloth, apply essential oils to it, and place near the intake duct of your heating and cooling system.
- Add oils to your humidifier and vaporizer.