Have you tried Christmas Spirit essential oil blend? Christmas Spirit is a delightfully uplifting blend of 3 genuine, therapeutic-grade essential oils – orange, cinnamon bark and spruce.
Our sense of smell is closely tied to the limbic system, the part of our brains that processes emotions and memories. When we breathe in aromas that trigger happy memories from our past, it floods our bodies with feel good hormones that help us experience joy in the present as well.
Christmas Spirit is much more than a reminder of happy times. The oils in this blend actually are beneficial for us in several ways:
Orange oil is widely known as a “happy” oil. A 1995 Mie University study found that citrus fragrances boosted immunity and reduced feelings of sadness.
Traditionally, cinnamon was thought to have a frequency that attracted wealth and abundance. It is so much more than that, though. It is also supportive to the immune system and overall well-being. It is easy to see that a blend that includes cinnamon bark oil, such as Christmas Spirit or Thieves, would be an excellent one to diffuse all winter long.
Spruce is supportive to the respiratory system and helps us feel emotionally balanced.
Ways to Use Christmas Spirit:
- Diffuse with a cold air diffuser
- Add several drops to a spray bottle filled pure water to freshen the air as desired
- Inhale directly
- Apply over heart, on wrists, neck, or foot Vita Flex points
- Scent clothes in your dryer by putting 2 drops on a wet cloth and adding it to the items to be dried
- Add 2 drops to your paper vacuum cleaner bag to “diffuse” while cleaning
- Dilute with a carrier oil for a full body massage
- Apply to soles of feet and balance similar to Valor (left hand to left foot, right hand to right foot)
- Add a few drops to Slique Tea for a deliciously uplifting variation
So there you go…Christmas Spirit is another great smelling and useful blend from Young Living. Enjoy it NOW and all year long!
What? Who in their right mind would partner with Thieves? Do they want to get locked up?!!
Nah…I am perfectly sane. Actually, I don’t want to be locked up at home, sick with those nasty bugs some of my friends pass around. So, here’s what I am doing to stay healthy this winter:
- I am consciously choosing foods that will support my healthy immune system. Like lots of healthy veggies and high antioxidant fruits. A couple ounces of NingXia Red a day is an easy way to up my nutrient intake. Supporting my immune system also means laying off the sugar and limiting my consumption of refined wheat products and other processed foods. Those ingredients cause acid in the body, which leads to mucus and inflammation. An acid body terrain also puts out the welcome mat for nasty bugs to snuggle in for the winter!
- Since hand washing is essential to avoid passing germs, I have Thieves Foaming Hand Soap next to my bathroom and kitchen sinks. The essential oil blend in it does a great job of cleansing…the soap is non-toxic, too!
- My TheraPro diffuser runs a couple of times a day for 15 minutes at a time. I use Thieves essential oil in it. Visitors often comment on how great my house smells. Diffusing essential oils is a great way to make a house a haven.
- My Thieves Waterless Hand Sanitizer is in my purse, ready to use as I fearlessly venture out among the sickies.
- Around the house: When cleaning, I make sure to wipe down the big germ magnets. You know what I’m talking about…the remote control, the telephone, door knobs, etc. Of course, since I am extolling the benefits of Thieves, you just know I use Thieves Household Cleaner for all of my cleaning.
- I usually drop a drop of Thieves essential oil under my tongue a couple of times a day. It tastes good, and it seems to be a smart thing to do to support my healthy immune system. Only use genuine therapeutic-grade essential oils internally. I get all of my oils from Young Living.
- A few drops of Thieves on my feet, NEAT (undiluted), is another way to use Thieves that I frequently utilize. No stinky feet for me!
Can you tell I just love Thieves? If you want your own parcel of Thieves, here’s where you can get some!
Posted in Essential Oils, Wellness
Tagged "essential oils", "Young Living", healthy winter, Inner Defense, Melissa Boice, therapeutic-grade, TheraPro, Thieves, Thieves Foaming Hand Soap, Thieves Household Cleaner, Thieves Waterless Hand Sanitizer
This time of year, I get a taste for pumpkin, especially pumpkin pie. In my efforts to make healthier choices, I googled “crustless pumpkin pie” and found several recipes; I picked the simplest one and it was delicious. Not having the crust to mess with, it was also very easy to make. OK…The problem was that it was too good! I made the mistake of wandering into my kitchen this morning and having a slice of that yummy pumpkin pie. So NOW what? I wanted something else to eat and really wanted another piece of that pie. HMM…
Here’s what I came up with to knock out that craving:
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
1 cup organic almond milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 scoops Young Living’s Pure Protein Complete
1 drop of cinnamon oil
1 drop of clove oil
1 drop of ginger oil
1 drop of nutmeg oil
5 drops Stevia Extract
3 or 4 ice cubes
Blend until the ice cubes are completely crushed. Enjoy!
The essential oils really load the smoothie with flavor. Plus, these essential oils are excellent for overall well-being. Cinnamon and clove are loaded health supporting molecules. Clove is also the highest scoring single ingredient ever tested for its antioxidant capacity on the ORAC scale. Ginger is an excellent digestive aid. Last, but certainly not least, nutmeg supports the adrenal glands for increased energy.
Now a bit about Pure Protein Complete: Each serving (2 scoops) provides a whopping 20 grams of top quality, New Zealand whey protein, certified to be free of hormones, pesticides, and antibiotics. It also has a blend of vitamins, minerals and enzymes, has no artifical sweeteners and is very low on the glycemic index. With only 162 calories per serving, it is an excellent choice for weight management!
Try my Pumpkin Pie Smoothie…I think you will like how good it makes you feel!
One thing that has changed my life for the BETTER is using genuine, therapeutic-grade essential oils. I use the word “genuine” because the term “therapeutic-grade” essential oils is thrown about loosely.
Many companies market their essential oils as therapeutic-grade, but the reality is they do not have a clue what quality their oils are or the conditions the plant material was grown in and distilled under. It is rare occasion when representatives of an oil company actually travel to where the oil is actually being distilled.
Oil brokers have gone so far as to inquire about the specific levels of oil constituents Young Living standards require. They are willing to supply oils with whatever levels of the constituents Young Living wants. Hmm. Seems like they are mixing up a batch of perfume in a lab, doesn’t it? When Young Living purchases essential oils from outside sources, they make sure the plants were grown in optimal conditions, distilled to Young Living’s high standards, and then held in quarantine until it is thoroughly tested to ensure its therapeutic quality.
Gary Young, the founder of Young Living Essential Oils, coined the term therapeutic-grade over 20 years ago. Since then, many essential oil companies have started to use the term to describe their essential oils, attempting to put their oils in the same class as Young Living’s.
From Seed to Seal, Young Living is directly involved with the whole process of creating essential oils. From choosing healthy seedlings and using organic growing practices, to harvesting at just the right time and distilling at the optimum temperatures, Young Living knows what they are doing when it comes to producing truly therapeutic quality essential oils.
As with any successful company, Young Living’s 20 year success story is founded on unswerving commitment to providing the highest grade essential oils on the market today.