Diffusing is a great way to reap the benefits of therapeutic-grade essential oils and make your home smell nice, too.
Here’s a simple blend that will make your home a haven of healthy relaxation:
Diffuse neat, or mix with 2 cup of distilled water in a spray bottle; shake well before spraying.
Other Ways to Diffuse Oils:
- Add essential oils to cedar chips to make your own potpourri.
- Put scented cedar chips in closets or drawers to deodorize them.
- Place any conifer essential oil such as spruce, fir (all varieties), cedar, or pine onto each log in the fireplace. As they burn, they will disperse an evergreen smell. This method has no therapeutic benefit, however.
- Put essential oil on cotton balls and place in your car or home air vents.
- Place a bowl of water with a few drops of oil on a wood stove.
- Dampen a cloth, apply essential oils to it, and place near the intake duct of your heating and cooling system.
- Add oils to your humidifier and vaporizer.