Lemon oil is another essential oil that I use on a daily basis. I keep it on my kitchen counter so it’s handy when I need it. I add it to my drinking water, diffuse it, and use it for cleaning all sorts of things.
But wait, there’s more…
Genuine lemon oil is anywhere from 65 to 72% d-limonene, a molecule found in nature that supports overall health and may support normal immune function.
Its refreshing aroma is invigorating, enhancing, and warming.
Lemon oil has been widely used in skin care to cleanse skin and reduce wrinkles.
- Use 6 drops of lemon oil and 6 drops of Purification oil in a squirt bottle mixed with distilled water to use in the bathroom as an air freshener.
- Use 1-2 drops of lemon oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon.
- Use 1 drop of lemon oil to add flavor to baked goods or beverages.
- For homemade lemonade, ream 1/2 an organic lemon, add 2 drops of lemon essential oil, stevia or agave to taste; add 2 cups of pure water.
- To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruit, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of lemon oil. Drop your cleaned fruit into the water and stir.
- Add a drop of lemon oil to your dishwasher before the wash cycle.
- Rub a drop of lemon oil on your hands after using a public bathroom.
- Rub a drop of lemon oil to clean a butcher’s block or other cutting surfaces.
- Put 10-15 drops of lemon oil in each gallon of carpet cleaning solution to help pull out stains and brighten the rug.
Of course, when ingesting essential oils, only use authentic, unadulterated essential oils. For that reason, I use and recommend Young Living essential oils.
**Safety Data: Avoid direct sunlight for up to 12 hours after use.