Citrus oils are some of the oils that I use practically everyday. I love the way they smell and I LOVE the way they make me feel! They are real workhorses in the cleaning department, too!
Generally speaking, the citrus oils are HAPPY OILS. They are also usually well tolerated by those who do not like the scent of essential oils. My husband, for example, used to complain every time he caught a whiff of almost any essential oil. Citrus oils were the exception. He didn’t say a word, and neither did I! 😉
Another nifty thing about citrus oils is they contain limonene, a molecule that supports overall health.
- Tangerine oil – 90-97% limonene
- Grapefruit oil – 88-95% limonene
- Orange oil – 85-96% limonene
- Lemon oil – 59-73% limonene
Off the top of my head, here are a few of my favorite ways to use these oils:
- Removes adhesive and sticker residue
- When eating out, add a few drops to your water to improve the flavor
- Removes black scuff marks from hardwood floors
- Add to water when cleaning fresh berries
- Add to any cleaning solution to amp up its effectiveness
- Add a few drops to sparkling water for a delicious zero calorie refresher
- OR add 4 – 6 drops to a 1 qt. bottle of drinking water. Re-purpose those empty NingXia Red bottles!
- Removes adhesives
- Twice a week add a drop of orange oil to a bit of baking soda, scoop it up with your toothbrush and brush away. The rest of the week use your favorite Dentarome Toothpaste.
- Add to hot tea or hot chocolate.
- Diffuse with lavender for a soothing atmosphere
- Add a couple of drops to NingXia Red
- Add to freshly juiced veggies to “brighten” the flavor of the juice.
- Toss a few drops into a bowl of washed, stemmed seedless grapes. YUM!
When using essential oils, quality does matter. That is why I use and recommend Young Living’s essential oils exclusively.
What are your favorite ways to use these oils?