I am very excited about Young Living’s August promotion. Since these oils I personally use all of the time, I am delighted to get them for free this month! When we place an order of 175 pv during the month of August, 2012, Young Living will throw in a complimentary 15 ml bottle of lemon, orange, grapefruit and tangerine essential oils. Wow!
Generally speaking, the citrus oils are HAPPY OILS. They are also usually well tolerated by those who do not like the scent of essential oils. My husband, for example, used to complain every time he caught a whiff of almost any essential oil. Citrus oils were the exception. He didn’t say a word, and neither did I!
Another nifty thing about citrus oils are are some of the beneficial molecules they contain:
Limonene has been proven to prevent certain kinds of cancers. Grapefruit and tangerine are 95% limonene, orange and lemon have 91% and 65% limonene respectively.
Citral is a molecule found in some essential oils that has been discovered to increase metabolism reduce accumulation of fat by decreasing the volume of fat cells.
Off the top of my head, here are a few of my favorite ways to use these oils:
- Removes adhesive and sticker residue
- When eating out, add a few drops to your water to neutralize chlorine & other nasties
- Removes black scuff marks from hardwood floors
- Add to water when cleaning fresh berries to get rid of any bacteria or tiny bugs
- Add to any cleaning solution to increase the antiseptic action
- Add a few drops to sparkling water for a delicious zero calorie refresher
- OR add 4 – 6 drops to a 1 qt. bottle of drinking water. Re-purpose those empty NingXia Red bottles!
- Removes adhesives
- Twice a week add a drop of orange oil to a bit of baking soda, scoop it up with your toothbrush and brush away. The oil whitens and the baking soda is a mild abrasive. The rest of the week use your favorite Dentarome Toothpaste.
- Add to hot tea or hot chocolate.
- I grab this oil when I need a mood boost in the presence of those who complain about fragrances.
- Diffuse with lavender for a soothing atmosphere
- Add a couple of drops to NingXia Red
- Add to freshly juiced veggies to “brighten” the flavor of the juice.
- Toss a few drops into a bowl of washed, stemmed seedless grapes. YUM!
The essential oils I recommend are Young Living Essential Oils, available through the link on my website. The purity and quality are for internal consumption and have their therapeutic-qualities left intact.
What are your favorite ways to use these oils?